- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Community members sought for committees
A unique feature of the Warwick School Board is its committee structure. Four standing committees — education, student activities, building and property, and finance and legal — meet monthly to focus on specific areas of concern to our schools.
Each of the committees is comprised of board members, school administrators, teachers and community members. This composition allows for diverse thinking and broad-ranging discussion. Although committee meetings are not decision-making sessions, recommendations made by the committees provide a basis for school board consideration and action.
Warwick School District is currently seeking community candidates to fill several openings that exist on the following district board committees:
? The Building and Property Committee meets on the second Monday of the month at 6 p.m. and deals with all areas of the maintenance, construction and renovation of district buildings and grounds.
? The Education Committee meets the second Monday of the month at 6 p.m. and deals with areas of curriculum, grade reporting and various educational program requirements for students in the classroom.
? The Finance and Legal Committee meets the second Thursday of the month at 6 p.m. and deals with all financial planning, budgeting, taxing and legal matters related to the school district.
Each committee member will be appointed for a period of three years. Residents interested in serving on any of these committees should submit a letter of interest and a summary of their educational and employment experiences to the Office of the Superintendent, Dr. April M. Hershey, 301 W. Orange St., Lititz, PA 17543. More SCHOOL BOARD, page A4