- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Community event Hometown heroes Friday football game
Local fire companies and ambulance crews need your help.
To showcase what these volunteers do on a daily basis to keep our community safe, this Friday night’s home football game at Warwick High School will feature a Hometown Hero theme.
The game starts at 7 p.m. on Oct. 5.
Local volunteers from fire companies and ambulance crews will be on-hand to promote their services and recruit new members.
Without their volunteer services, local residents would be looking at significant taxation for paid fire and ambulance service. And unless these organizations can draw more volunteers, their future is in jeopardy. Volunteers can help in a variety of ways, from fundraising and accounting, to actual on-the-scene emergency work. There is a job for everyone.
Friday night’s hometown hero football game will be a fun family event featuring fire trucks and ambulances on display, raffles and a visit by Smokey T. Bear. And there will be a halftime recognition of local volunteers from Lititz, Rothsville, Brunnerville and Brickerville. So, support our hometown heroes and help them strengthen their services while enjoying the Friday night tradition of high school football.
For more information about Friday night’s event, and how you can get involved with your local fire company or ambulance crew, visit warwicktownship.org.