- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Community event Hometown heroes Friday football game
Local fire companies and ambulance crews need your help.
To showcase what these volunteers do on a daily basis to keep our community safe, this Friday night’s home football game at Warwick High School will feature a Hometown Hero theme.
The game starts at 7 p.m. on Oct. 5.
Local volunteers from fire companies and ambulance crews will be on-hand to promote their services and recruit new members.
Without their volunteer services, local residents would be looking at significant taxation for paid fire and ambulance service. And unless these organizations can draw more volunteers, their future is in jeopardy. Volunteers can help in a variety of ways, from fundraising and accounting, to actual on-the-scene emergency work. There is a job for everyone.
Friday night’s hometown hero football game will be a fun family event featuring fire trucks and ambulances on display, raffles and a visit by Smokey T. Bear. And there will be a halftime recognition of local volunteers from Lititz, Rothsville, Brunnerville and Brickerville. So, support our hometown heroes and help them strengthen their services while enjoying the Friday night tradition of high school football.
For more information about Friday night’s event, and how you can get involved with your local fire company or ambulance crew, visit warwicktownship.org.