- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Community event Hometown heroes Friday football game
Local fire companies and ambulance crews need your help.
To showcase what these volunteers do on a daily basis to keep our community safe, this Friday night’s home football game at Warwick High School will feature a Hometown Hero theme.
The game starts at 7 p.m. on Oct. 5.
Local volunteers from fire companies and ambulance crews will be on-hand to promote their services and recruit new members.
Without their volunteer services, local residents would be looking at significant taxation for paid fire and ambulance service. And unless these organizations can draw more volunteers, their future is in jeopardy. Volunteers can help in a variety of ways, from fundraising and accounting, to actual on-the-scene emergency work. There is a job for everyone.
Friday night’s hometown hero football game will be a fun family event featuring fire trucks and ambulances on display, raffles and a visit by Smokey T. Bear. And there will be a halftime recognition of local volunteers from Lititz, Rothsville, Brunnerville and Brickerville. So, support our hometown heroes and help them strengthen their services while enjoying the Friday night tradition of high school football.
For more information about Friday night’s event, and how you can get involved with your local fire company or ambulance crew, visit warwicktownship.org.