- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Brubaker death under investigation
The Northern Lancaster County Regional Police Department reported Tuesday afternoon that it will continue an investigation into the death of Ryan C. Brubaker, 21, of Lititz.
Brubaker is the son Pennsylvania State Senator Michael W. Brubaker, who represents Lititz as part of the 36th Senatorial District.
According to police, Ryan Brubaker was discovered unresponsive Sept. 11 at approximately 8:12 a.m., at his residence, by a family member who called Lancaster County 911 for assistance. Regional police and Warwick Community Ambulance responded to the home on Ridge Road in Warwick Township. Brubaker was later declared dead by a representative of Lancaster County Coroner’s Office.
While Lancaster Online reported that "officials" are investigating Brubaker’s death as a possible accidental drug overdose, Regional Police Chief David Steffen said that information did not come from his department.
Also, an attempt to reach the coroner Wednesday morning to confirm this information was unsuccessful.
Steffen said no additional information is available at this time. The cause and manner of death will be determined and announced at a later date by the Lancaster County coroner’s office.
In April, the Record Express reported that Ryan Brubaker was charged by police for a drug delivery after he exchanged drugs with a young man who later died from an overdose. That charge was being prosecuted by the state attorney general’s office. More BRUBAKER, page A6