- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Bears on parade Teddy Bear Day in Lititz Springs Park
Teddy Bear Day found itself nestled between storm clouds last Saturday, but from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., the weather was perfect in Lititz Springs Park.
In fact, over the last 21 years the Lititz Women of Today-sponsored event has only been canceled one time due to bad weather. That occurred last year, following Tropical Storm Lee.
This year’s Teddy Bear party enjoyed a healthy turn-out as families brought their favorite stuffed friends for games, crafts, food and fun. LWOT member reported excellent participation in the coloring contest and the highlight event — the Teddy Bear Parade.
The following winners were honored during a ceremony at the Reedy Pavilion:
Best Dressed — first place, A-6, Susanna Reigner, age 9, of Lancaster, with her bear, Mrs. Fluffies; second, A-1, Erin Haldeman, 9, of Lititz, with Notre Dame; and third, A-2, Carly Rochalski, 5, of Lititz, with Bunny and Dolfie.
Most Unusual — first, B-1, Amelia Belvins, 9, of Lititz, of Ribbins; second, B-2, Becca Kuhl, 8, Willow Street, with Julie and Daisy; and third, B-6, Alexa Glick, 4, of Lancaster, with Love.
Best Bear Float — first, C-1, the Summers, Darren, 10, Kalla, 7, and Maddie, 4, of Lititz, with their Beach Bear float; second, C-2, Sidoney Freeman, 6, of Lititz, with Beary; and third, C-4, Tommy Moul, 7, of Collegeville, with Stinky.
Ages 4 and Under — first place, Cara Piehl; second, Nico Luria; third, Andrew Brubaker; and consolation, Leah Lipisko.
Ages 5 to 7 — first, Juliana Borsuch; second, Taryn Toburen; third, Hannah Brubaker; and consolation, Kaitlynn Himmelwright.
Ages 8 to 10 — first, Lauren Waltz; second, Darren Summers; third, Helena Gennace; and consolation, Lilly Moul. More TEDDY BEAR DAY, page A6