- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
- Lowe’s, Aaron’s Acres team to upgrade Manheim park
- Flying high for fun — for now
- Countdown to Chocolate Walk
10-year-old boy behind bomb threat
Manheim Middle School evacuated Monday morning
Manheim’s middle school was evacuated Monday morning after a student reported seeing a bomb threat written on a wall in the building.
The building is located at 261 White Oak Road in Penn Township.
Northern Lancaster County Regional Police responded just before 9:30 a.m. and determined the threat was not credible.
Police said a student reported to school officials that there was writing on a wall stating, “There is a bomb in the building.” Officials evacuated the school and notified police immediately. After the investigation determined that the threat was not credible, students were returned to their classrooms.
A 10-year-old boy has been identified as the person who initiated the threat.