- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Lancaster County has a bit of a blues theme of late. Last week’s Roots & Blues Festival included performances by Johnny Winter and James Cotton. Winter even spent some time at the Record Connection. This week, Tinsley Ellis is in town.
Ellis, who played with Cotton on last year’s Blues at the Crossroads 2 tour and has been compared to the legendary Winter by Guitar Player magazine, will be supporting his 2014 release “Midnight Blue” at the Ephrata Main Theatre March 7. Tickets for the 9 p.m. show are $25.
This guy has performed with the best in the business &tstr; Buddy Guy, The Allman Brothers, Gov’t Mule, Widespread Panic &tstr; and he’s stopping here for one night only on his way to Georgia.
Friday’s concert is a “WXPN Welcomes” show, for fans of the Philly radio station. The theatre is at 124 E. Main St., and tickets can be purchased at ephratamain.com or by calling 1-800-838-3006. Learn more about Ellis at tinsleyellis.com.
If you miss him in Ephrata, he’ll be at Musikfest Caf in Bethlehem the following night before heading to Atlanta for a March 14 show.