- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
- Lowe’s, Aaron’s Acres team to upgrade Manheim park
- Flying high for fun — for now
- Countdown to Chocolate Walk
Dixie in the garden
Dixieland Express jazz band will swing through Lititz on Aug 10 and perform a free concert in the Mary Oehme Gardens, 145 E. Main St., at 6:30 p.m. The band appears at the behest of the Lititz Historical Foundation and Luthercare.
Since its formation, Dixieland Express has been seen performing in various locations throughout Central Pennsylvania. These settings include banquets, parades, shopping malls, anniversary celebrations, retirement communities, private parties, company picnics and promotions as well as in area parks. They have also participated in numerous Mardi Gras celebrations. Dixieland Express provided the musical entertainment for the “Opening Day” event of the Inaugural season of the Lancaster Barnstormers Baseball Team. They have also provided musical entertainment for many of the “Thomas the Tank Engine” nine day events at the Strasburg Railroad during the past several years.
“Dixieland Express” is typically seen as a six piece group consisting of trumpet, trombone, clarinet/tenor sax, tuba or string bass, banjo or piano and drums. The band will play early 1900s jazz selections.
Those planning to attend should bring lawn chairs. For more information, call 626-5958.