- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Dixie in the garden
Dixieland Express jazz band will swing through Lititz on Aug 10 and perform a free concert in the Mary Oehme Gardens, 145 E. Main St., at 6:30 p.m. The band appears at the behest of the Lititz Historical Foundation and Luthercare.
Since its formation, Dixieland Express has been seen performing in various locations throughout Central Pennsylvania. These settings include banquets, parades, shopping malls, anniversary celebrations, retirement communities, private parties, company picnics and promotions as well as in area parks. They have also participated in numerous Mardi Gras celebrations. Dixieland Express provided the musical entertainment for the “Opening Day” event of the Inaugural season of the Lancaster Barnstormers Baseball Team. They have also provided musical entertainment for many of the “Thomas the Tank Engine” nine day events at the Strasburg Railroad during the past several years.
“Dixieland Express” is typically seen as a six piece group consisting of trumpet, trombone, clarinet/tenor sax, tuba or string bass, banjo or piano and drums. The band will play early 1900s jazz selections.
Those planning to attend should bring lawn chairs. For more information, call 626-5958.