- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Chef Moeller at Waltz Vineyard
Former White House Chef John Moeller will visit Waltz Vineyard on Saturday, Sept. 6, from 4:30 to 7 p.m.
Seafood dishes will be prepared by Moeller and paired with Waltz White Wines. The dinner will kick off the harvest of Waltz’s white grapes and will be held on the yard of the vineyard, 1599 Old Line Road, Manheim.
The proposed menu includes: Appetizers &tstr; local gazpacho with crabmeat, tuna tartare with sesame on lotus root, spiced shrimp on corn tortillas with black bean puree, steamed mussels with lemon grass and coconut milk, shrimp cocktail with two sauces, crispy soft shell crab with lemon remoulade sauce, pan seared rock fish with leek and crab; Entrees &tstr; seafood pasta station with calamari, shrimp, scallops and clams or grilled marinated chicken with pesto; Salads &tstr; arugula with watermelon, feta cheese and toasted almonds with balsamic glaze dressing or couscous and quinoa salad with mint tomatoes and cucumbers; and demi local corn on the cob.
Moeller’s newly released book will be available for purchase and signing as well. The cost is $75 per person. Register by calling 664-9463.