- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
Fritterin’ away in the kitchen
This recipe is going in the “updated Pennsylvania Dutch” series. It’s where I enhance traditional Dutch recipes. Sometimes the Dutch essence gets lost, but not here — the word “fritter” is plain and clear and I know...
- Posted May 27, 2015
Rail trail chugs along
Should reach Millway Road by 2017 Warwick Township supervisors updated the ongoing rails-to-trails project that will ultimately connect Lititz to Ephrata. During the May 6 supervisors meeting, township manager Daniel Zimmerman said the trail at the Warwick Township...
- Posted May 13, 2015
Bodacious Beer Can Chicken
What did he say? Fuse crispy caramelized-crusted grilled chicken with beloved, benevolence-bearing bouquet rich and more bountiful than ever beer? Beer can chicken — awesome idea; an even better meal. One of my goals in this column is...
- Posted October 22, 2014
Covered in Chocolate Trifle submitted by Intermezzo by Stephanie Original recipe makes approx 12-15 servings Most of the items can be substituted with fat free or sugar free and will not diminish the flavor 1 (19.8 ounce)...
- Posted April 8, 2014
Candy Clay Recipe Rainy Day Fun: “Candy Clay” is just one name given to this edible material. Easy to create, a blast to play with and completely edible, one recipe makes a lot of fun for all...
- Posted March 25, 2014
“Candy Cones” with Wilbur Chocolate
Ingredients: Wilbur Chocolate Confectionery Coating (your choice of milk, dark or white) Joy Color Ice Cream Cups (cones) Your choice of multi-colored sprinkles or nonpareils Marshmallows Wilbur Buds, Miscellaneous small candies. Directions: Make as many as you’d...
- Posted March 12, 2014